Wednesday 18 June 2014

Introducing The Dress Tree Style

I've had it in my mind for a while now that really, I need to show photos of real life people wearing the clothes I make. It's the best way to see how an item really looks and I know I prefer to see images of clothing being modelled before I buy them.


But here lies my problem. I don't have anyone who I can regularly call upon to model my clothes so realistically this leaves me with what many fashion and style bloggers have been doing for years.
Model them myself.

Brain: Urmmmm, not super phyched about that one if I'm honest Kim.
Face: Nope. Not happening. You know how I go when I have a camera pointed at me.
Blood pressure: Did someone say photograph? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

I've always wanted to be one of those women that doesn't look like an awkward muppet in front of the camera. Unfortunately however, I do. If it's just me and the tripod, I feel like an absolute dickhead.
If someone else is taking the photo then it's an epic battle to stop myself from either holding my hand up to cover my face or do the whole crossed eyed, Miley Cyrus tongue thing. And we all know what a good look that is.

Still, I've decided that enough is enough. I'll get used to it with practise and it will be a positive thing for the business and this blog. I hope.

So, to ease us all in gently, The Dress Tree Style's first ever offering is going to be a 'how to style it' post using the lovely Lona's photos. Thanks always darling, you are THE BEST.

Blue Floral Belle



Pink Floral Belle



Green Floral Belle



Yellow Floral Belle



The Belle dresses are available from my Etsy and Bigcartel shops at £20 each. 

And if you would like to see more of Lona's work (and you should) hop on over to her website Lona Aalders. Her style is breathtaking. 


Now if only I could get my hands on that shoulder bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...