Saturday 24 December 2011

Bump update - 7 months

One more sleep 'til Christmas!!!


Today I hit the 7 month mark which means another bump post. I know I only posted the 6 month update recently, but I'm determined to do them on time from now on which will mean only one a month.
And hopefully more non-baby related posts in between too!

I forgot to mention in my last post that at 24 weeks, Pip became legally viable. That means that if she were to be born now, she would have a good chance of surviving despite being early. Obviously I don't want her going anywhere for some time as she's still got a fair bit of cooking to do, but it's reassuring to know that my girl has made it this far - keep it up little Piposa.

The most bizarre change I've noticed at this stage compared with last month is that I am not so grumpy with the pregnancy now. And thank god! This is despite being bigger, clumsier and less able to move around than before. I think perhaps it's easier now because I've found ways of keeping the worst of the pelvic pain to a minimum. That pain really got me down with how constant it was so to have some relief from it now is, well it's just that, a relief! And it's left me free to enjoy the pregnancy more, like I ought to be.

I am huge though! I now have to put cream on my belly day and night as it itches all the time. The itching is caused by the stretching skin apparently. Nice. No stretch marks yet although I've been told that these can come right after you've given birth instead so we'll just have to wait and see with that one!
I also can't eat regular sized meals anymore because there's less space in there for it. I have to eat little and often..which suits me just fine haha!

Pip's gotten bigger two. It's not just kicks I feel now, but actual movements too. Sometimes when I lie down in bed and my belly is lying against the mattress I can even feel little hands or feet, it's crazy! I also got my first boot in the ribs last night. 
Oh and she gets scared at loud noises now too. Dan was watching football the other night and suddenly shouted really loudly which woke Pip up (she'd been still in there for a while) and I felt her whole body jolt! I then got kicked for a good half an hour after that. Nice one Daddy. 

We've also been playing her music and it's interesting to see that she seems to react to some songs more than others. I started singing Lana Del Ray's "Video Games" to her a while back as I thought it might be something that could help her sleep later on. She doesn't react much to it, (maybe that means that it works?) but if we play Ben Howard's "Old Pine" she goes nuts every time without fail. Whether this means she loves it or hates it is anyone's guess though!

Right, that's pretty much it. This was a bit of a long post full of baby gumph and for those of you who are not all about the little people I do apologise. I'm just getting this all down for myself so that I can look back in years to come and remember what each stage was like. 

And to summarise, 7 months is pretty damned awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...