Tuesday 7 July 2015

Sunshine and juggernauts


Well how the bloody hell is everybody? I'm like a pig in mud over here at the moment. This weather suits me well and despite not having been camping at all this year (pull your finger out, Kim), I have to say I'm holding up well. To be fair, we will be going to a small festival at the end of the month so I'll be able to scratch the camping itch then. It will be Alessi's first festival too and I can't bloody wait!

Although I haven't had much time to think about it or make sure we've got everything we need. *cough* TENT! *cough*
As far as the shop goes, I've been busy pulling together a rough plan for autumn. After taking the impromptu break earlier this year I really want to add some new stuff now. Yes, yes I know what I said; "things are going to be slow for the rest of the year.." yadda, yadda, yadda. In my defence, it still will be. I'm just talking about a few new items for the autumn, a couple more to hit the shop before then. Just enough to keep me out of trouble really.

It can't be much more than that as I want to work on some other more mundane 'home' stuff before the winter sets in and forces us all indoors again. The memory of last winter and how bloody long it felt is still very fresh so I want to do everything I can to make sure it's less, well depressing.

Which brings me to a thought I had earlier which came crashing through my brain like some kind of rude arsing juggernaut; this winter will be the last one where it will just be me and Roo at home together. Next year she will be at school and the baby/toddler part of her life will be over forever.

CRASH!

Now if you don't have kids, I'll spare you details of the lump that caught in my throat, the water that threatened to seep from my eye holes or the fact that I am now fucking TERRIFIED.
I'll just end this post by saying that it's made me realise that time is precious blah, blah, blah and I need to make the most of it, blah, blah, blah.

Just as soon as I can scrape my body from the metaphorical tarmac.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...