Monday 5 January 2015

January sale and future plans

As the subject title states, I'm holding a sale over in the shop to celebrate the start of a new year.

These necklaces are the last in stock and once they've gone they won't be relisted so for this month only you can buy them at 40% off the original price.
And there's more. A further 20% off everything else when you use the code: TDTJANSALE2015.

A few weeks ago I wrote this post about some lessons I'd learned over the year. One of them was my desire to run the business a little differently, in a way that felt more authentic to me.
As a result I've decided that this sale will be the only one I hold this year. It kind of goes against the classic business model, but it feels right to me.

In other news there are other changes on the horizon that are filling me with butterflies of excitement right now.
I'm currently sewing up another dress with the aim of making it practical for breastfeeding mums. I made a similar dress for a friend last year and she planted the idea by asking if I'd thought of selling breastfeeding friendly dresses in the shop. Up until that point, I hadn't, but as I said, she planted the seed and since then I've thought about it a lot. So if you're reading this, and you know who you are, thank you.
Another lovely lady I speak to regularly on Twitter has agreed to test the sample dress for me so we shall see if the grading and the various tweaks I've made actually translate in to a wearable dress.
Fingers crossed!

And last, but not least there will be experiments with embroidered dresses. I'm a big fan of bold colours and I've fallen in love with the idea of sewing colourful dresses with embroidered designs in contrasting colours.

So in all there's a lot to be getting on with over here and I hope to have new stock in the shop very soon. All these changes are a little scary, but it feels like I'm moving in the right direction so it's also very exciting.

One thing I'm aware of is that I could easily miss out on what's going on around me if I don't remember to take a step back every now and again. I've given myself quite a lot to do (I know, I know, don't start), but as long as I make a point of stepping away from the internet and sewing machine occasionally I should be fine.

That's it for now, have a good Monday folks!

2 comments:

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...