Monday 19 May 2014

Alessi's Lanterns

The other day I got a back log of paintings and crafts from Alessi's nursery.  In amongst it all was the lantern she had made for Chinese New Year. 


I don't know what it is about it I love so much, but I'm smitten. She clearly had no hand in the cutting and sticking part, but the scribbles are all hers and to me it's precious. 

I love it so much in fact that I decided that we'd have our own lantern making session. I only intended to make a couple, but she loves drawing an insane amount and didn't want to stop. So we ended up making a whole string of lanterns which are currently adding some colour to the conservatory and making me smile each time I see them.


I don't do a lot of crafts with Alessi if I'm honest, but this has given me the bug. It was more fun and less stressful than I'd imagined. Do you have any favourite crafts you do with your kid(s)? Do let me know as I'm now on the look out for more ideas!

I can feel a visit to Pinterest coming on..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...