Wednesday 30 April 2014

My Weekend Off

Last weekend, Dan and Pip went to London for the weekend leaving me home alone.

YEEES!

Usually when I get time like this to myself, I use it to focus on work. Not this time. April has been a very busy month and I promised myself that if I achieved everything on my list, I would keep the weekend for rest and relaxation only. And for once, that's exactly what I did.

Breakfast became an event. Real coffee, pastries, papers and morning radio. Such a luxury!

Lie ins. No need to say more.

I'd heard a few people in my Twitter timeline mention the documentary, 'American Blogger' by Christopher Wiegand, so I decided to give it a go and have a bit of a movie night - with beer and buttered pop corn of course. It was pretty good on the whole, although I think it would have been even better if it had focused on a smaller group of bloggers and spent more time telling their stories. But, very enjoyable nonetheless.

Oh and I gave myself a throw-together foot spa at the same time. Hot water, Epsom salts and soak..

Admittedly, this was not so relaxing, but I wanted to start running again after over a month and a half off. It was a disaster. Apart of raining, my hood refused to stay on my head, my music stopped playing and I had to stop to walk twice. This is most definitely a forced smile.

But it got better once I got back to relaxing and not doing very much at all. 

Lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...