Thursday 31 January 2013

Alessi - 10 months

This kid is no longer a baby.


And we have teeth! Two of the little beauties. These are making eating so much easier for her now so we're no longer restricted to mashed and steamed stuff. These days her favourite foods are chicken, sweet peppers, dried apricots, apples and raisins - LOVES raisins. She's still not a fan of yoghurt  seems to hate banana and isn't over keen on anything sticky. Such pickiness from a girl who was eating live insects not too long ago.


As well as continuing to storm around the house like the little whirlwind that she is, she's now started talking. In her own way anyway. She knows what she's saying even if we don't, but hearing her happily babble away to herself is my new happy.


This week I returned to work. It's only two days each week, but I was worried about how Pip would be. Turns out, she loves it. There's been no tears at all, no worried looking around for me or becoming quiet and withdrawn after being thrust into a new environment. My instincts told me that she would love it, that she would thrive being with other babies, but I had thought it would take time to get there. Two days in and even more inquisitive and standing almost unaided after trying to copy some of the older children. I'm absolutely gobsmacked.
Having her being so relaxed in her new environment has been liberating for me too as I've been able to switch off mum mode for a while and just be in the office around my old work buddies without worrying myself stupid. By the end of the day I'm ready to get back to her and it's all just made me realise that while I struggled at the beginning, I'm really loving this motherhood thing now. It's kinda cool.


Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...