Sunday 21 October 2012

I'm never drinking gin again.

Source
Today we arrived home from Wales where we've spent our first baby-free weekend. Now I must admit, while I couldn't wait to see two of my bestest buds get married, a large part of me was absolutely dreading leaving Pip for two whole days.
So would it make me the worst mother in the world to admit that I didn't miss her?

To clarify, I thought of her a lot. I checked up on her a lot. But I didn't actually miss her. Perhaps it was because I knew she was with someone that I could not only trust 100% but someone who would spoil her rotten with cuddles should she need them..and probably even if she didn't!
For some reason, knowing that she was going to get so much attention and love showered on her, made any anxiety I had disappear and I was able to enjoy my time away.

I'm going to be honest, I feel quite guilty for not missing her and a little voice in my head is telling me that I'm a bad mother for it.

All that said, it was lovely walking back in the house and seeing her smiling face and I'm sure she's got bigger over the past couple of days.

And if I am a bad mother then hey, don't worry. I am feeling pretty bloody awful so Karma wins.

If there are things I miss from my pre-motherhood days then hangovers are not one of them.

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...