Monday, 27 August 2012

Alessi - 5 months

Another month, another post.

Still no laughter. If you pretend to bite her toes or tummy she'll break out in the biggest grin and come out with an old man cough, but that's it.

She's on the verge of getting mobile. She can't quite roll over yet, but she's working on it. I am both excited and dreading it.

She's also finding her voice. From Mariah Carey style squeals to blowing raspberries she's finally learning that grizzle noises aren't the only noise she can make. Thank god.

The teething continues to chug along quietly. We have constant, CONSTANT drool which gets everywhere. It's like living with a Saint Bernard.

This week we start weaning. I know it's early, but she's ready. We first tried her with a couple of samples that came through the post, baby porridge and fruit puree and yesterday I gave her some baby rice. She went nuts for all of them so today we start for real. Just as soon as I can be bothered to make some apple puree.

She no longer hates being left on her tummy now that she can lift her head up properly. You can see her trying to figure out how to move forward, but instead she just ends up spinning around in circles.

She pretty much lives in bodies and tights these days. With the unpredictable and often crappy weather we've had this past month, it's just easier and more practical.

And that hair..that crazy hair that I love so much is getting longer by the day. That's more hair to stick up at all angles. Hair that won't be tamed no matter what we try.
The answer?
Take her tights off her legs and stick them on her head. 

Thank you husband for that genius idea. 

I think that she's starting a new phase with her daytime naps too. For the last month or so she's been having regular naps that you could set your watch by. I was grateful for these as they were pretty much the only chance I got to sew. 
But for the past few days, she's been going longer between sleeps. I'm guessing this is perfectly normal, but if I'm honest, I'm a bit gutted. Those half an hour naps were my chance to reboot, recharge and just catch my breath. 

Ah well. I'm sure we'll both feel more settled once we get our heads around this new phase. It's the figuring them out that can be a little stressful. 

She's actually down right now and as it took an age to get her there I really ought to blast my to do list while I can. See you next month for another update, hopefully it will start with "she's laughing!".

1 comment:

Other posts you might be interested in..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...