Friday 7 November 2014

Pumpkin Pie


I'm not sure what got into me this week, but I've been on a bit of a cooking and baking spree. This is unusual for the simple reason that I can't cook. I made cup cakes at the start of the week. The sponge was soggy, the butter cream was drippy and it was so sugary it was headache inducing. 
Nevertheless I persevered and I'm glad I did. Everything I made this week was a massive let down, except these golden beauties.

I made some using tinned puree and the rest from the pumpkin lantern we made for Halloween. I wanted to see if they differed in taste. The simple answer? They didn't. If I hadn't baked them myself I wouldn't have noticed the slightest difference. What I would say is that using tinned pumpkin takes out the faff of cooking the pumpkin flesh and draining it as cooked pumpkin is pretty watery. But then it has the advantage of being cheaper than buying tins of the puree online. So you know, swings and roundabouts.

If you haven't eaten any pumpkin pie yet this autumn. Get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...