Monday 29 September 2014

An Impromptu Holiday


Last Tuesday night, I was sat on the sofa eating ice cream and watching Mad Men when Dan got home. Only it wasn't Dan who walked in through the door. It was my dear friend Lona! She stood there with a giant grin on her face and said "I brought pizza!"

Cue lots of tears and swearing.

Lona lives in Amsterdam so we don't get to see each other very often. She and Dan have been planning this surprise trip for the past two months. The wonderful scheming bastards.


The first day Dan was working so Lona and I mooched around Bath. There was shopping, dancing next to the Abbey, pigeon chasing and just generally arsing about. Alessi fell in love with her Aunty Loops all over again. Which is easily done.


Then as if having this special lady visiting wasn't surprise enough, we all went camping!
And to my favourite camping spot too no less. This was our pitch which was all ours for the duration of our stay. It was so peaceful (except for the resident owl) and the weather was perfect


This was the view from our pitch. Not too shabby. There were leaves falling almost constantly from the trees we camped under, like autumnal confetti and in the evenings the sun turned everything golden. For two days, I stopped caring about all those little nags and worries that I usually carry around with me.


My clothes still smell like camp fire smoke. I don't want to wash them.


We went exploring in the woods, played hide and seek and collected pine cones.



We visited the sea, ate chips, bought rock, collected shells and eyed up the lifeguards. Well Lona did you understand. I was too busy eyeing up their quad bike (want one).


Look at that face. This woman is one of the funniest, smartest, strongest and most talented people I've ever met. I want to be her when I grow up.



Here's to you ho bag. Thank you for coming to play!

XOXOXOX

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this Kim! What a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Leon. :)
      It was just what the Dr ordered and we're still using the trusty tent that you and Steph had when we went to Riverside together. Good times!

      ..I could've swung for that flipping owl though.

      Delete

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...