Tuesday 3 January 2012

4 Simple Goals - January


-1-
Fix the kitchen wall I destroyed
It wasn't until I went through this blog for my last post that I realised that it's been nearly a year since I originally botched this job up. We've been living with a crappy looking kitchen wall since February last year. Good grief. 

-2-
Make a curtain for our bedroom
We have a curtain pole and have been getting by with a bed cover, thrown over it. It's not ideal. This goal was also on my Winter List, but Dan caved and bought a cheap pair of curtains from Argos. They're AWFUL. The best way I can describe the fabric is tent fabric. It feels and sounds like plastic and I hate, hate, hate them. That's enough of an incentive to get some decent homemade curtains up in there pronto.

-3-
Put up a door curtain in the hallway to keep out the draughts
I actually bought one online ages ago. Unfortunately I totally ballsed up the measurements and it's too short! So I need to come lengthen it before we can put it up - it's all about the curtains this month!

-4-
Make a draft excluder, again to keep out those bloody draughts!
To go with the above door curtain. I hope to have a nice and toasty house after all this.


December's Goals

1. Finish all the sewing assignments in my course. 
Done and I even had the last one marked and returned to me before Christmas. Now I only have two more to go and the final examination before it's all done and dusted. I seriously cannot wait!

2. Finish re-vamping my crafting corner
Damn it I am SO close with this one..but not close enough.  It looks so much better already though and I got loads done last month. Just not enough to be able to count this goal as completed unfortunately. I cannot wait to share the before and after photos with you all. I just need to paint and varnish the sewing table, finish the chair cushion and put up the curtain. Then, I will be done. 
Honest.

3. Start exercising regularly
Done. I pulled out my Davina pregnancy exercise video and got marching, stretching and what not. I'm actually genuinely surprised as I felt that I had done a work out afterwards, but all without even the slightest bit of pressure being put on my stomach or pelvis area. It left me feeling pretty good too, even if Davina's personal trainer kind of annoys me.

4. Make a bigger shelter for the chickens
Done..I guess. Sort of. They still don't have a permanent or in my words "pretty" shelter yet which is why I'm not completely happy claiming that this goal has been achieved, there's still work to be done. However with Dan's help we put together something bigger to tide them over and just in time too as the weather has become a little wet and wild here lately. 
The important thing is that they now have a shelter that they actually use when it's raining. So it's not a complete fail either. I guess. Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...