Sunday 3 July 2011

What I did yesterday

We went to visit Dan's family this weekend to celebrate his sister-in-law's 40th birthday so I thought I would point my camera phone at everything and take you all on a journey with me. A journey that involves cupcakes, pie and mash, some alcohol, silly dancing and a lot of tarmac. Here we go..


Driving out of Bath, s'cuse the mucky windows. 

Couldn't resist.

 And then on to the motorway..

And another motorway..


And yet more motorway. Yes, I was bored by this point.

And then for a late lunch!

Dan posted a picture of his pie and mash on Facebook. The reaction of his friends from Bath went along the lines of "what the hell is that??"

The photo above is mine, this one is Dan's, (I'm not that greedy). For those who haven't seen it before, the green sauce is called liquor and is basically a type of parsley sauce. I had my doubts the first time I saw it, being a traditional pie and gravy girl, but it's actually quite lush.

After being fed, watered and rested, we then got ready for the party.

The cupcakes Dan's niece's made. VERY nice. I won't post the photo of the cupcake his brother made though. It's not that kind of blog.

Yoink and yum.

Dan's aunt and uncle enjoying a little smoochy dance when they thought no one was looking. A ha!

That's where the photo's stopped, so the next one is from earlier this morning. Dan found this old Chelsea football club mug in the back of his mum's kitchen cupboards. It's now sat in our kitchen cupboard. Apparently he's bored of drinking out of my girly cups.

Back on the motorway, homeward bound.

And then finally home to sit in the sun with cats and chickens.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that pie and mash looks so good! I love mashed potatoes so much :) And the sauce sounds great!

    Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did thanks chick and you're right, that pie and mash was SOO good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...