Sunday 6 March 2011

Introducing..the chickens!

Today I spent a lot of time outside building a chicken run and it was bitterly cold. The sort of cold that makes your fingers numb and your face sting. So you can imagine how happy I was when I went back inside to warm up, only to look out of the window and see the chickens on top of the shed roof and the garden fence.

And if you can't guess, the answer is not much.

So, this bosomy girl is Margot and she's the most curious of the bunch. She follows me around and insists on getting her face in the way of pretty much everything I try and do. She was also the first one to fly out of the pen. Cheers for that Marge.


This one here is Maureen and she's Margot's shadow. She doesn't seem to ever shut up and she also got of pen today..did I mention that I wasn't happy??


Which leaves my little Hen. She's on the bottom of the pecking order and is still a little shy, but I love her dearly because she was the only one who DIDN'T escape today.


So those are my girls and tomorrow, they are getting their wings clipped. Damned straight.

2 comments:

  1. Maureen is my favourite, I like her big bosom, she reminds me of Dolly Parton:D

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...